|"And all I see is me for you and you for me." - Mary J. Blige|
- Can we get much higher? There is an ascending space which she and I unconsciously enter, at our own pace, quite often, that I cannot place my finger in an exact manner. Within that expanse lies two imperfect souls, perfectly intertwined, assuming the like-minded presence of each other to the point where we embody each other's spirit in a way that speaks of unspoken bond. I'm asking - this must be what Heaven feels like? If only we could occupy said interval 24 hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred sixty five days a year for the rest of our lives. Hopefully. Our fingers are crossed.
- There was a point in time in my life where, upon request of my opinion of "love," I'd fit all I learned along the journey within a nice and neat window of six months. Reason being, I figured 180 days to be roughly the amount of time it took before the magic spell had become worn and all involved to learn whatever tricks, however clever. Nowadays, I no longer subscribe to such premature philosophy. I now view love as either feelings anew, the awakening or re-awakening of past production. If asking, love, true love, of the I-cannot-get-enough-of-you variety hardly transpires until long after "love" has passed. Think about it.
- Two childhood friends of mine, male and female, are dating and have been connected since I reluctantly introduced them a couple of years ago. Often times, or whenever their planets are mis-aligned, one or both will beat on my door in search of opinion toward a matter of the heart. Like, I am supposed to know something neither of them do. Since I am the link who saw pieces of their respective puzzles that might possibly fit, I am required to wholeheartedly lend an ear. No problem. I do much of the same whenever my relations leaves me feeling as if there is a part of the game I am unaware of. Lately, I have dodged said conversations. Why? From what I was told - if the first few talks yield similar results, then it's no longer considered as a heart-to-heart talk; it's a wrap.
- Something I noticed among quite a few friends and family alike these past few years that now has me thinking more than ever. Is it me or has anyone else noticed how many people negatively complain about their significant other - even insisting to be permanently finished, only to remain proudly in the relationship while enduring much of the same? And by much of the same, I reference uncertainty, financial strain, cheating, STDs, children born outside of the relationship, public humiliation, intimidation, fear, verbal and sometimes physical abuse. Then, interestingly enough, they are somehow appalled once you lose respect for them and their misguided view of a relationship. For real though.
- You know what I love? Being actively good to a woman actively good to me. Personally speaking, this is pretty much the bottom line surrounding the romanticism of the Male/Female perspective. Whether single, courting, dating, engaged, happily or unhappily unmarried, divorced, widowed, celibate or participating within one or more sexual relationships, at the end of the day, I believe the common denominator among each equation is that everyone walking this Earth simply wants someone to whom they can positively respond. Theoretically, all every human really wants in this cold world is to be happy. Word to Mary.
- As a man, there is something worthy of note, regarding a woman's body in the sense of one who looks at fine works of art hanging in a good gallery. Whereupon I constantly find myself wondering why the crown jewels of a woman aren't listed as one of The Seven Wonders of the World. From the firm softness of a woman's legs, hips and ass cheeks to the sweet intimacy of her breasts, neck and shoulder area, eyes, smile. If the woman comes equipped with a walk that enhances her physical features, then you just know the angels cried joyous tears at God's final and perhaps greatest creation. Besides water, I honestly cannot think of anything God placed on Earth more satisfying to men than women.
- Lastly, I endured a man-to-man exchange with my younger brother recently concerning a woman that has him "caught up." Based on previous discussions, this woman had sex with a man on the first night and continued to sleep with him during and after her previous relationship. Not only that, but she brags to girlfriends about sleeping with a porn star-dick friend from college (among others), yet assuring my brother that he experiences trust issues. Lately, one of the dudes referred to him as a "clown." I agreed. Truth be told, it's no longer on the woman. She understands her slutty role matter-of-factly with men in general. So it's all on my sibling, as it appears her sweetest of lies led him to go against better judgment which, I learned firsthand, disrupts one's spirit. I gave my blood the real in hopes that he wakes up, open his eyes and walks away. On principle alone, it defies logic for any man to attempt to turn a ho into a housewife. The other hard dicks in the transparent woman's life discerned the fact, so why doesn't my brother?