Saturday, January 19, 2013

Laugh Now, Laugh Later

"Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand." - Mark Twain



Like love, laughter is for everyone. Many people find they feel, act, and do better beneath the umbrella of laughter. Add me to the list, as there is no coincidence how the best moments in my life all involved laughter. To me, laughter is an unappreciated storyline in The Book of Life and should be celebrated in the same as captivating breath as love.

Below are ten quotes I've gathered from different sources which speak upon the power of amusement. Allow each to marinate into your soul.


  • I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh - Maya Angelou
  • There is a thin line between smile and laughter - Santosh Kalwor
  • Laughter is the shortest distance between two people - Victor Borge
  • We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh - Agnes Repplier
  • You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing - Michael Pritchard
  • We don't laugh because we're happy, we are happy because we laugh - William James
  • The most wasted of all days is one without laughter - E.E. Cummings
  • If you have no tragedy, you have no comedy. Crying and laughing are the same emotion. If you laugh too hard, you cry. And vice versa - Sid Caesar
  • Carry laughter wherever you go - Hugh Sidney
  • He who laughs, lasts - Erma Bombeck

9 comments:

  1. I love this quote> Carry laughter wherever you go - Hugh Sidney.
    I agree laughing is good for the soul in my opinion..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter best prescribed medicine going if ever there was one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wholeheartedly agreed. Laughter is a form of universal healthcare, if you ask me.

      Delete
  3. The most wasted of all days is one without laughter - E.E. Cummings This has always been one of my favorite quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love laughing! makes my day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I was rereading posts from my oooooold blog and boy, was I ever cracking up! Laughter soothed all the soreness right out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LAUGHTER is ESSENTIAL to Surviving This Cruel World (We're living In Though...) I KNOW I Laughed My Azz Off reading the COMMENTS in THAT Beyounce Post Bruh (YUP!!!)

    ReplyDelete

speak on it